When it comes to a student’s goals to have a successful career surgeon, one must be able to get into a university that offers the best surgical residency programs in the nation today. In order for you to make a smart decision in pursuing this field of study, best medical schools have been ranked for you. Well then, why don’t you look at that list right now?
Top Schools that Offer the Best Surgical Programs
- Harvard University – Harvard Medical School in Boston, Massachusetts is considered to have one of the best residency programs in surgery. The school’s research and primary care programs are ranked number 1 and 8 in the nation. For students to qualify in it, they must have a Median MCAT (Medical College Admission Test) score of 36.0.
- John Hopkins University School of Medicine in Baltimore, Maryland offers one of the best programs when it comes to surgery. Their research and primary care program is ranked number 2 and 15 respectively. Students who seek to get into their program must have a Median MCAT score of 36.0.
- University of California in Los Angeles (David Geffen School of Medicine) remains to be amongst the best in offering top surgical residency programs. The school’s research and primary care programs rank 13 and 12 respectively. For students to get into their program, they must have a Median MCAT score of 34.0.
- University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania is ranked in the top ten when it comes to schools that offer top surgical residency programs. Their research and primary care programs ranks number three and six respectively. Students must have a Median MCAT score of 37.0.
- University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine in Chicago, Illinois is considered to have one of the best surgical residency programs in the nation. Their research and primary care programs ranks number 8 and 30 respectively. Students must meet a Median MCAT score of 37.0.
There you have it, the top five schools that offer the best surgical programs in the United States today. Choosing one of these schools to pursue a career in surgery would surely prove to be a wise decision. Now, why don’t you check the requirements they need from you so that you can qualify into their program?
Also, you can check the list of top neurosurgery programs at bestmedicalschools.biz.